Thursday, January 13, 2011

Facebook-Good or Bad?

Facebook, a popular name among those who are so into it. People who have an account in Facebook almost spend most of their time to socialize with other people. I am one of them who use Facebook frequently. I had been used Facebook since last two years, and I found that Facebook serves numerous advantages, it also proves to have certain disadvantages as well. There have several reason that log in to Facebook was one of the task that I will do in everyday. The main reason was the update announcement made by faculty or lecturer, will be spread out by friends via Facebook. Hence, I will not miss out any important announcement or news especially during the final exam, so that I will not going to miss any tips that given by lecturer.

Besides, I can search my friends via Facebook since this was an online networking services and popular among the young crowd regardless of the age, race and country. Every young people, even old people are having an account of Facebook. So, it can help me search my old friend and new friend more easily.

As I said before, Facebook also have its disadvantages as well if we used it in improper way. Rampant addiction was the most serious problem at that moment. Some of us were used it by just log in to play game, view status and video posted by friend and so on. All those activities were wasting time and contributed wide-range procrastination. Facebook was seriously influent daily life of those people who were addicted in it. There had a news that impressed me which was happened in China. A grandfather tied his grandson more than 10 hours due to his grandson addicted to Facebook. His grandfather adviced him for many time but failed. Hence, his grandfather forces to treat him that way to stop him by using Facebook.

As a conclusion, Facebook increase the communication and connection between friends and online community, but it also increase the risk of procrastination and makes it easier for others to stalk a user. In my opinion, Facebook maybe can have some improvement of the system to overcome shortcomings of Facebook especially security problem and accuracy of information.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...